There was a major checkup today in Nigeria’s telecommunications industry as the President Bola Tinubu, appoints a new Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for the Nigerian Communications Commission, Managing Director for the Nigerian Communications Satellite Company (NigComSat) and Postmaster General/Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) but reappoints the Director General/Chief Executive Officer, National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
A statement from Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Ajuri Ngelale said that Prof Umar Danbatta has been by Mr Aminu Maida
President Bola Tinubu approved the appointment of new and returning Chief Executives to fresh terms in office across multiple agencies under the Federal Ministry of Communications, Innovation, and Digital Economy:
(1) EVC / CEO, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) —
(2) MD / CEO, Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT) — Nkechi Egerton-Idehen
(3) DG / CEO, National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) — Kashifu Inuwa Abdullahi
(4) National Commissioner / CEO, Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC) — Dr. Vincent Olatunji
(5) Postmaster General / CEO, Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) — Tola Odeyemi
He also new Special Adviser on Technology and Digital Economy in the person of Idris Alubankudi
The appointments take immediate effect.